Kid Pix is a legendary program. Like the public schools, we in Sunday School have been using versions of it since the mid-90’s. It’s that good and that VERSATILE.
Why have we been recommending Kid Pix for Sunday School since 1996?
Because you can use Kid Pix with ANY Bible story or topic. That makes it the “go to” program in many Sunday School labs, especially those with younger students.
Students use Kid Pix 4 to create their own “talking presentations”, slideshows, drawings, posters, cards, and more. It doesn’t come with Bible artwork, but we in the church have been using it for over a decade to make talking Bible storybook pages and presentations about our Bible lessons.
That’s why we like to call it,
“PowerPoint for Kids”
Yes, the drawing tools are awesome… but we like to highlight the TYPING TOOL that SPEAKS OUT LOUD whatever the kids type on their illustrations. Plug a microphone into your computer and use Kid Pix’s built-in recording tool to add your own narrations. Make talking Bible storybooks, reflections, prayers, and answers to discussion questions. AND…we love that we can IMPORT clipart and Bible images into Kid Pix.
Our free Kid Pix Teaching Tips have a ton of teacher tips and Sunday School lesson project ideas.
Click a Tab to learn more about Kid Pix Features, or scroll down the page to order it now.
Kid Pix 4 Features:
- Art tools to paint with, including: pastels, crayons, markers, and much more
- 1000’s of colors, 100 “wacky brushes” with special effects
- Add editable text to any screen that speaks aloud, or add text graphics
- Project templates to make cards, booklets, bookmarks, etc.
- Full print control capabilities.
- Kid-friendly file management and navigation.
- Set up User Log In and folders for individual users
- Select from a large number of animated graphics to put in your drawings
- Electric Mixer with 30 crazy mixer effects
- 2,500 Rubber Stamps, 1000 stickers
- 200 paper textures and backgrounds
- 100 sounds you can add to the pictures
- Fun, easy to use interface
- Multimedia slideshow creator (plays student presentations onscreen)
- Spell Check
- Text-to-speech (anything your student types the computer can read aloud.)
- Paint colorful images using the tone and pitch of your voice (microphone required for this feature)
- Photo editing with electric mixer effects (import digital images of your kids, skits, etc.)
- Tons of editable graphics: resize and rotate images
- Import and export graphics in multiple file formats
- Small kids mode (simpler for the little guys)
A Few Kid Pix Bible Lesson Ideas
- Assign a different scene in the Bible story to each computer, print out multiple copies and assemble into take-home book.
- Summarize and Illustrate the Story
- Pick a scene, re-illustrate it with a new theme, and type new dialog that has the SAME meaning as the Bible story.
- Illustrate the Key Memory Verse and play it back for your students.
- Take a photo of you and your friends posed at a key moment in the Bible story, import, add props and keywords, then print!
- Make a Bible Story Book Cover using the KP book template.
- Make a Thank You Card for someone in the congregation using the KP card template.
- Use the Typing-Speaking Tool to re-phrase a key verse in PIRATE “AAARG!” Language.
- Condense Deborah’s story into 12 key words. Now reduce it down to just 6 essential words. Discuss why you picked those words.
- Make and save several Bible verse illustrations that you can use as your Screensaver.
- Write a Reflection/Prayer to play back to the class.
Read more in our Kid Pix Teacher’s Guide
A Sunday School Customer’s Kid Pix Review and Great Idea
Dear Sunday Software,
My absolute favorite software is KidPix because it is so flexible that I can use it to teach any lesson.
The students always surprise me with how much thought they have put into it. Sometimes we use the speak aloud feature and then switch computers so that every student can listen to all of the other students’ thoughts.
This Sunday we are studying the Call of Abraham and we will be drawing pictures of aliens and adding our thoughts as to how a Christian sounds as an alien in this world. Later that week, I emailed their Kid Pix pictures from their lesson with a personal note to their parents.
Many of our parents use the picture as their screen saver. This saves our lab printer ink too.
My students’ favorite software right now is probably Bongo loves the Bible. We just recently purchased it and they are loving it!! This year we are emphasizing daily Bible reading in our children’s classes and I am using Bongo (or “that Monkey game” as some of the kids call it) to help me teach the importance of knowing what our Bibles say. My oldest group (4th & 5th grades) has had about four turns using Bongo since June and they are not tired of it.
I love what you’re doing at Sunday software and I love teaching with computers. Keep it up!
Terri @ Fairview Hts Church, Swansea Illinois
Price: $24.99 for one copy
$22.99 each for two to four copies.
20.99 for five+ copies.
19.00 each for 8+ copies
Age Range: K through 6th.
Younger children love to type! They just need help thinking about their drawings, finding the letters and spelling correctly. Though it takes extra time, the level of engagement and the results are the same = awesome.
Minimum: 1.1 ghz, 1 mb ram, 32 mb videoram.
Windows 8/10 users, see our Windows tweaks.
Yes, we can get our version to work in Windows 7, 8 and 10 ! We are the only distributor that has a patch file that can fix the animated stickers problem some users experience. Toggle open the Alert at the end of this page for more details.
Animated Stickers Not Working in Kid Pix 4? Read this…
Some versions of Kid Pix 4 will not work on some versions of Windows 7 , 8 or 10 with our exclusive patch.
There are several versions of Kid Pix 4 floating around, and some do not work in some versions of Windows 7, 8 or 10. They may install, but the animated stickers and animations won’t work. The animated graphics will appear as blank boxes.
Only Sunday Software has developed a FREE PATCH that fixes this problem for our customers should they run into this problem after installation.
Nobody else has this patch and it is free to our customers. If you purchase Kid Pix 4 and discover the animated stickers won’t work, simply contact us.
READ THIS if you did not purchase Kid Pix 4 from us and need the patch.