helps you teach these important stories
in an interactive, music infused, discussion-starting, ~ life applying way.
As the program opens, your students sweep in over the desert to the tune of “I Heard a Voice Today” –following Abraham and Sarah on their way to the land of Canaan. Students then come circling into “The Scriptorium” somewhere in the hills of Canaan.
Inside the Scriptorium, a large Navigation Console rises up with five distinct learning areas and four additional learning activities to choose from.
After 24 years of pushing the Sunday Software nut uphill, I have stopped sales at this site and DONATED all my Bible software and games to www.rotation.org and updated and posted all my software guides there. Rotation.org also has all my software lesson plans.
Certain portions of sundaysoftware.com may no longer be available. Learn more about our story (and closing).
A HUGE thank you to those who have been with us on this wonderful journey.
Five major learning areas to explore:
I. The Giving of the Covenant
II. Sarah and Abraham’s Visitors
III. The Near-Sacrifice of Isaac
IV. Insane Fanat-asy (What will others say about me?)
V. Pay It Forward (A “living out the call” take-home activity)
Plus… there are four additional interactive learning activities:
1. Scripture text – scrollable NRSV text of the stories for further study.
2. Interactive Middle East Map game -kid friendly. Helps them see connection between then and now.
3. Interactive Timeline -helps students see where the story fits into the Bible and Church timeline.
4. Abraham & Sarah Quiz –a two-player camel race to see how much they remember!
Age Range: 8 through adult.
Younger kids will enjoy parts of the program with help.
Minimum: 1.4 ghz, 1.5 mb ram
Windows 8/10 users, see our Windows tweaks.
Important Tech Tip for Abraham and Sarah!
- Be sure you have the latest version of Quicktime for Windows installed on your PC in order for Abe’s menus and videos to run.
- If you want to make the Abe program window appear bigger on your monitor, you will need “scale” (zoom) your display by selecting the SCALING option in your Windows Display Properties. It’s easy to do! See this article below…
The First First Family lesson plans. View Neil’s 4 to 7 Week Rotation Style lesson set for “The First First Family”
This free lesson set includes two computer lab lessons, videos, game and an art project.
Go to our Abraham and Sarah Resource Page for the following additional resources:
More about using this program with very young children and teens.
View a brief outline with a listing of all the program’s discussion questions.
Read about the archaeological research that went into constructing the Sacrifice lesson.
- Read about the 4 songs and lyrics custom created for this program and Hear Music Clips.