out of print
a fun Bible Baseball quiz game presented by Sunday Software
Bible Grand Slam 3 is “Bible Baseball” on the computer. Players “step up to the plate” onscreen and select a single/double/triple or homerun question to answer. (Singles are easier questions, Homeruns are harder.) If they get it right, they ‘hit’ the pitch and run the bases, moving other runners ahead of them.
Play against another player/team, or play against the computer. Bible Grand Slam comes with 1275 Bible questions, but you can also write your own.
For Sunday School use, we’re really happy that Bible Grand Slam has an easy to use Question Editor. This allows us to CREATE SPECIFIC QUESTION SETS about previously taught lessons, then quiz our students.
Quizzing promotes short-term memory formation and long-term memory retention. If you’re not quizzing and promoting recall, you’re lessons are likely to be forgotten.
Game Options Highlights:
Two teams or two players can play against each other.
Choose the one-player mode to play against the computer;s team.
Make up your own team name to appear on the scoreboard.
Set the inning options to 1, 2 or 3 outs per side (to speed things up)
Choose your own question difficulty or let the computer choose randomly for each team.
Save Game option should you run out of time.
You can create Homerun questions that are harder than Singles. This allows students with different Bible knowledge to play together.
Play with the Computer’s question set, or easily create and choose your own Question Sets. It’s so easy, you can have your older students help create question sets, and play them trying to stump their peers.
Bible Grand Slam 3.1 includes computer teams to play against!
- Try your luck against 1 of 6 computer opponents (such as “The Goliaths”).
- Try beating “Adam and Eve”. (They shouldn’t be too hard to beat since they weren’t around when the Bible was written).
- Or, try beating the “Prophets”. (Be careful, they know their Old Testament pretty well.)
- Or, try beating the “Angels”. Good luck! They have been around for the writing of the whole Bible.
If you buy this program, we strongly suggest you read our Grand Slam Question Editor Tech & Tips. They give you a quickstart into working with the editor and an advanced look into working with game files and features.
There have been other Bible Baseball-like software programs over the years. But none with a question editor! Some bookstores/websites are NOT selling the latest version of Grand Slam. Ours is the latest version. We have also recently brought this fun game back in print after the original distributor went out of business.
Here’s what’s been improved over versions 1 and 2:
- Graphics: All game windows have been upgraded with effects.
- Players: New players with improved runner animation. Runner animation is now independent of the speed of the PC.
- Extra Innings: Yes, all games can now be played until completion!
- High Scores: The game now keeps track of high scores in 2 different categories. The game will track the 25 highest number of runs scored and the 25 greatest margins of victory.
- Awards/Certificates: The winning team can now print out 1 of 3 certificates about their victory.
- Questions: Over 250 new questions have been added. And you can still create your own.
- Hidden Question Selection: Question selection by the computer without the hitter knowing what type of hit. So, the hitter wouldn’t know what type of hit that they got until after they “swung” at the pitch.
- Mercy Rule: There is now a Mercy Rule that optionally can be invoked which will end a game when one team gets a lead of 15 or more runs.
Note to Windows 7 and 8 Users: To use the Question Editor in Windows 7 and 8, you’ll need to download and install a free Question Editor Update.
QUESTION EDITOR INSTALLATION TECH NOTE:
Depending on your version of Windows and setup, you may need to select the Window’s “Run as Administrator” option when first installing the Grand Slam Question Editor. You may also need to download the free Editor update file and install it.