Four computer flying games
about four important Jesus teachings
…that they’ll want to play again and again.
Galilee Flyer has four different flying games, each teaching an important “Jesus teachings”:
The Beatitudes ~ Lord’s Prayer ~ Sermon on the Mount ~ Kingdom Parables
In each game students fly around the Sea and Hills of Galilee looking for Bible verses to match and collect from one of four lessons they have selected. As they fly, students must also answer questions about each verse. The Verses and Questions are floating in the air, and open when you fly into them. Match them all and land to get your Pilot Ranking!
After 24 years of pushing the Sunday Software nut uphill, I have stopped sales at this site and DONATED all my Bible software and games to www.rotation.org and updated and posted all my software guides there. Rotation.org also has all my software lesson plans.
Certain portions of sundaysoftware.com may no longer be available. Learn more about our story (and closing).
A HUGE thank you to those who have been with us on this wonderful journey.
Here’s how you play Galilee Flyer:
- Pick from one of four subjects: Beatitudes, Kingdom Parables, Lord’s Prayer, Sermon on Mount.
- Select “easy” or “hard” flying controls.
- Take off and go study the verses on Mount Hippus. (Their text pops open when you fly by the summit).
- Then go flying to looking for verses found floating in the air around Galilee. They pop open when you approach them, -showing you have a verse and several options to correctly complete it. Select the right one to collect it, or fly around to try again. Correct answer pop-ups share a bit more information about the verse.
- As you fly, you’ll also find multiple choice questions about each verse. These will help improve your Pilot Ranking. “Correct” Answer pop-ups also contain additional interesting information about the topic.
- When you’ve matched all your verses, go land on the airfield to get your Pilot Ranking.
- Your “Pilot Ranking” is based on how many tries it took you to match the verses. Enter your name on the scoreboard.
- Then go fly to the Discussion Area, land and discuss the pop-ups, -or play again to try for a higher score.
- There’s no penalty for getting a verse match or question wrong, but you do have to correctly match all the verses to complete the game. You can crash the Triplane and it is game-over after 3 crashes.
See a list of all the verses found in Galilee Flyer’s four games.
Minimum: 1.4 ghz, 1.5 mb ram
Windows 8/10 users, see our Windows tweaks.[/box]
“Rip McErkel’s Extra-Enhanced Flying Secrets for the Game-Challenged”
Student Worksheet for Beatitudes
This worksheet has space for students to write-in the answers to the verses they are matching in the game. It also contains the text of the pop-up comments and the bonus questions.
Student Worksheet for Kingdom Parables
This worksheet has a list of all the fill-in-the-blank verses and a place for them to record their answers. It also has a list of the pop-up comments and the questions.
Free “Kingdom of God” Lesson Set (which include software lessons that use Galilee Flyer and other software)
View/Print a ‘Pilot Poster‘ to give to your students. It has helpful info about the game.
Game Secret: Fly under any archway or bridge for a Turbo Boost. Just fasten your seatbelts!
After you have received your pilot ranking, you can fly to the “Discussion Ruins” in the NE ridgetop. Fly through the blue “D” and it will open a panel of questions.