Fall of Jericho is the fun way to reinforce and refresh student memories of your teaching!
Sunday Software presents our most popular Bible quiz making program, Fall of Jericho software, – a Bible quiz making, Board game-style program THEMED on a Race to Jericho. First one to Jericho gets to make the walls fall down!
- Make your own question sets and turn them into a race to Jericho (or… use the 1400 general Bible questions that come with the CD)
- Reinforce your lesson content and refreshing student memories in a fun way!
- Make adjustments to gameplay to speed up, recycle questions, change number of teams, and more.
Pictured above is the main game board which displays the scores and player locations in the Sinai landscape. During the game, students see the game board to compare team locations, then see a question screen (pictured below), and also see their onscreen character advance through various Exodus landscape scenes as they progress (also pictured below).
After 24 years of pushing the Sunday Software nut uphill, I have stopped sales at this site, DONATED all my Bible software and games to www.rotation.org, and updated and posted all my software guides there as well. Rotation.org also has all my software lesson plans.
I am pleased to announce that SONSOFT has also donated Fall of Jericho to Rotation.org! See it here. We also updated our teaching guide to Fall of Jericho and linked it on that page.
Learn more about our story (and closing). A HUGE thank you to those who have been with us on this wonderful journey.
Pictured below is a question screen as it would appear to the players when it was their turn.
TIPS FOR JERICHO’s EASY TO USE QUESTION EDITOR
Simply open the Jericho Editor, create a new file name, start typing multiple choice questions and answers (or True False), SAVE, add another, SAVE, add another, and so on. Then when you turn on the game, it will ask you what verse set you want to play with. Select your file name from the menu of verse sets and away you go.
If you own multiple copies of Fall of Jericho in your lab, you can create a verse set on one computer and easily copy it to another using a disk or flash drive. How-to instructions are on the CD and in our printable Jericho Teaching Tips.
You can add scripture references and “explanatory notes” that appear onscreen with your Questions and Answers.
You can choose to make your questions appear randomly or sequentially (which is nice if you’re walking kids through a story line).
Select easy, medium or hard to change the number of “steps” towards Jericho awarded for each question.
Add an * in place of an answer to cut down on the number of possible answers (good for younger players and when creating a T or F question).
The COMMENT FIELD is a great place to put additional content, and include content that will be tested for in a subsequent question.
REMEMBER: You can create as many questions sets as you want. And you can set the “level of difficulty” (steps awarded) on individual questions.
Age Range: K through adult.
Younger children love to type! They just need help thinking about their drawings, finding the letters and spelling correctly. Though it takes extra time, the level of engagement and the results are the same = awesome. I’ve projected Fall of Jericho for adult groups and they loved it too.
Tech Tip: First time you run the Jericho question editor, remember to RIGHT click the Jericho desktop icon and Question Editor icon and select “Run as Administrator” to allow the game to save files to your harddrive. You will also want to read our online Jericho tech tips if you plan on creating and moving question files between computers.
Extra Question Sets you can download:
1. Download Neil’s “Holy Week Review” question set. This set is for use with an installed copy of Fall of Jericho CD. The set contains 22 basic questions I created about Holy Week. I recommend that you or your students add to them using the Jericho Question Editor, –30 questions being a good number for a game.
2. Go to my Nicodemus and Jesus Lesson Plan and download both the plan and Nicodemus Question Set for use with Jericho CD. This particular lesson plan and set demonstrates how to use a Jericho Quiz AS your Bible Study, rather than the typical method of using a quiz AFTER the study.
3. View/Print Neil’s 25 Questions About Christmas —suitable for typing into the Fall of Jericho question editor.
These are downloadable zip files. Unzip/unpack them and copy the question set TEXT file to a NEW folder on the computer where you have Jericho installed. You can edit them if you wish.