This page lists the FORTY LESSONS in Life of Christ CD (now out of print)
The Life of Christ CD webpage is at https://sundaysoftware.com/site/life-of-christ-2/
Each lesson presentation includes graphics, animation, sound, narration, bible text and a discussion question. The list below gives you the discussion question. Presentations can last between 6 and 8 minutes in length. The lessons can be accessed in any order. Each is followed by a six question quiz on the presentation content. Getting 5 or 6 correct gives the student a clue for their clue book. You can cherry-pick a lesson or play through them all using the Professor’s game.
BIG TIP: Many of the additional interactive items and media found on the Professor’s Bookshelf dovetail with the 40 lessons in his orange crate. To find out which ones match up to your lesson while using the CD, go to a specific lesson and roll your mouse over to the left of the screen while in the Lesson, click on the “eyeglasses” icon. This will reveal the lesson’s text with clickable icons that link to multimedia and other study content on the Professor’s Bookshelf that is related to the lesson’s subject matter. Preview it in advance of the class to know what interactives on the Professor’s shelf match your lesson.
THE FORTY LESSONS in LIFE OF CHRIST CD
Getting to Know Who’s Who
1. Getting to Know Jesus (John 5:31-47)
What Jesus accomplished, What are Gospels, Why they wrote them, Do you know Jesus is your Savior?
2. Getting to Know Matthew (Matthew 9:9-10, 10:1-3)
Who he was, what were taxes, Jesus parties with sinners, Why Jesus chose Matthew, Matthew wanted to prove Jesus fulfilled prophecy, Do you think God only likes good people?
3. Getting to Know Mark (Acts 13:4-5, 13; Acts 15:36-39)
The tradition of who Mark was and how he came to be with Paul, Mark focused on what Jesus did –action and power. Have you ever tried to run away from something God wanted you to do?
4. Getting to Know Luke (Luke 1:1-4)
Who he was, he was like a news reporter, Luke took great care….what can you do to know you know the truth about Jesus?
5. Getting to Know John (John, all chapters)
John was one of Jesus’ best friend, why John’s gospel is different, John’s use of “I Am,” Do you believe that Jesus is God’s Son?
Beginnings to Baptism
6. An Angel Brings Good News (Luke 1:11-22)
About Mary, Gabriel, Zechariah & Elizabeth. Zechariah at first didn’t believe what he had been told. Do youreally believe that God will do all he promises?
7. The Savior is Born (Luke 2:1-20)
The essential Christmas story here. Can you imagine what the shepherds thought and felt?
8. Visitors for the Newborn King (Matthew 2:1-12)
All about the Magi and Herod. How do you worship Jesus? What gifts can you give him?
9. Jesus in the Temple (Luke 2:21-52)
As a baby and as a boy his parents brought him to the Temple. Jesus was being obedient to God. How do you do it?
10. The Baptism of Jesus (Matthew 3:13-17, Luke 3, John 1)
All about John the Baptist and the baptism. Our baptism is a symbol of new life in Jesus.
Introducing the Son of God!
11. The Lamb of God (John 1:15-34)
What John the Baptist meant when he called Jesus the “Lamb of God” (the one who takes away sin). Have you asked God to pass over your sins?
12. Three Temptations (Matthew 4:1-11)
Jesus is tempted by Satan in the wilderness and what those temptations meant. How do you prepare yourself to fight off temptation?
13. New Wine out of Water (John 2:1-11)
The Wedding at Cana story. When you pray, do you try to tell God what you want, or do you present your needs and trust him to do what is best?
14. Jesus Tells His Secret to a Lonely Woman (John 4:4-42)
The story of the Samaritan woman by the well. Do you reject people who are loved by God? How do you introduce others to God?
15. Jesus Tells His Secret in His Hometown (Luke 4:14-30)
Jesus is thrown out of Nazareth. What would you have said after Jesus’ sermon?
Ministry with His Disciples
16. Four Fisherman (Luke 5:1-11)
Jesus calls his first disciples. Are you just interested in Jesus, or do you want to follow him?
17. Faith That Goes Through the Roof (Mark 2:1-12)
The healing of the paralytic let down through the roof. Jesus claims to be able to forgive sin (which got him in trouble). What do you do to get close to Jesus?
18. Jesus’ Power Over a Storm ( Mark 4: 35-41)
Jesus wakes up and rebukes the storm. Do you think Jesus has the power to comfort you when you are frightened?
19. One Boy’s Lunch Feeds 5000 (John 6:1-14)
The basic story. What do you have that you could offer to Jesus?
20. Jesus Walks on Water (Matthew 14:22-32)
Peter also tries to walk. When you pray do you focus your attention more on Jesus’ power or on your problem?
Lessons About Life and Death
21. A Glimpse of Glory on a Mountaintop (Luke 9: 28-36)
The Transfiguration story. Have you taken time to pray to God?
22. Who Will Throw the First Stone? (John 8: 1-11)
Jesus and the woman caught in adultery. Background info of the law concerning adultery. How would you have felt?
23. Jesus Blesses the Little Children (Mark 10:13-16)
Background on “blessing.” Thoughts about children. How does the story make you feel about Jesus’ love?
24. Some People Will Do Anything to See Jesus –Zaccheus and The Blind Man (Luke 18:35-19:10)
A full telling of the Zaccheus story. If you were in the crowd, what would you have done to see Jesus? How eagerly to you seek him now?
25. A Rich Young Ruler Wants Eternal Life (Mark 10:17-27)
The man didn’t ask for eternal life, he assumed he had to do something to earn it. Would you choose riches in heaven or on earth?
26. Learning About Life After Death –Lazarus (John 11:1-44)
An explanation of the meaning of the Lazarus story. How would you feel seeing some come back to life?
The Road to the Cross
27. Mary Prepares Jesus Body for Burial –with perfume (a.k.a. “woman with alabaster jar”) (Matthew 26:6-13)
Mary believed Jesus when he said he would be crucified and wanted to show she loved him. What can you do to show your love for Jesus?
28. The Plot to Catch and Kill Jesus (Matthew 26:1-16)
Why the Jews and Caiaphas plotted to get rid of Jesus. Has jealousy ever made you say something that hurt others?
29. A Grand Entry Into Jerusalem –Palm Sunday (Luke 19:28-46)
The prophetic prediction behind the act. Jesus sobs over Jerusalem (and why). Do you honor Jesus as your king? If so, how?
30. Disruption at the Temple (Matthew 21:12-17)
Why people needed their money changed. People misuing the Temple. Children sang praises. When and how do you praise the Lord?
31. New Meaning to the Passover Meal (Luke 22:14-23)
An excellent presentation on the history and practice of the Passover meal and how Jesus redefined it. Have you ever taken Communion to remember Jesus’ death?
32. Arrested, Tried, and Tortured (Luke 22:47-23:45)
Jesus, the crowds, the priests, the soldiers, and Pilate. Have you ever been accused of something you didn’t do?
33. Jesus Goes to the Cross (Luke 23:26-49)
Explanation of cross, Calvary, the sign, meaning of some of his last words. How would you have felt watching Jesus die?
Jesus is Alive Forever and Ever
34. The Burial and Resurrection (Matthew 27:57-28:15, Luke 24:1-7)
The women discover the empty tomb. How would you have reacted?
35. Resurrected Messiah Visits Friends and Followers (Luke 24:13-44)
The road to Emmaus story. Why shouldn’t the disciples have been surprised at Jesus’ resurrection? How would you have acted?
36. Saying Good-bye and Spreading the Good News (Matthew 28:19,20)
Jesus’ Great Commission to his disciples, his ascension. What is the good news about Jesus?
37. Jesus Selects An Apostle (Acts 8:1-4, 9:1-31)
The story of Pentecost, the selection of Stephen and his stoning, plus the conversion of Saul to Paul. Would you still follow Jesus if you could be arrested for being a Christian?
38. The Devil’s Destruction (Ephesians 6:10-18, Revelation 20:10)
All about the devil and the origins of evil. (NOTE: Check your theological needs here.) The devil is defeated and thrown in a lake of fire in John’s vision. Do you ever feel that you’re in a war with the devil and his evil forces? (Note: Some teachers may find this material out of step with their own theology. This should not deter you, however, from needing to deal with the subject matter of the devil and nature of evil. It IS important and the kids find the subject fascinating.)
39. God Makes All Things New (Revelation 21:1-22:6)
John’s vision of the future: “I saw a new heaven and a new earth….” What is heaven all about. How is John’s description of heaven different from what you thought heaven would be like?
40. The Teachings of Jesus –Sermon on the Mount (Matthew chapters 5-7)
What he taught and why some people didn’t understand it. Become wise by learning the teachings of Jesus, that’s what disciple means. How can you learn his teachings?