Here are some great ideas to help kickstart your thinking about how to make your classroom even more welcoming to your kids.
Let these ideas inspire your own!
- $1 Noodles from the Dollar store. Hang them from the ceiling using fishing line and thumbtacks.
- Fisherman’s nets and sea critters from Oriental Trading Co.
- $8 boogie board from Wal-Mart made into your classroom sign.
- Grass skirting on tables and along ceiling.
- Tiki matting and lanterns around your whiteboard or door.
- Cardboard palm trees for the walls
- Hang Inexpensive tropical birds.
- An inflatable monkey (Bongo!) on the ceiling
Egyptian Village Decor
- Cardboard “Mud Brick” walls
- A well (with snacks!)
- Classroom (cardboard) Camel
- See the full article about building Egyptian style!
- Hang old CDs in the window.
- Hang stars and planets (check school supply sites)
- Cover tables with white vinyl and put dryer vent hose over legs (see photo)
- Hang posters of creation, planets, galaxies.
- Plastic stackable “adirondack style” chairs from Lowes.
- Big gold “Hollywood Stars” with “headshot” star photos and names of your students.
- Orville Redenbacher Mini-Theater-style Popcorn machine
Great Ideas with Cloth:
- Add colorful heavy vinyl tablecloths to your tables.
- Wrap a 5″ high decorative cloth “skirt” around the sides of your florescent lights. Looks great and softens the room.
- Wrap a colorful remnant around your door frame to create a new entryway.
- Create simple costumes for younger students to wear as they come in.
See our Summer Ideas for Computer Labs for more creative decor ideas
See Photos of creative “Workshops” at the Workshop Rotation Model website